Aims and Values of the Trust
Cygnus Academies Trust is a growing group of schools that we nurture, challenge and support to be the best that we can be. Everyone in our Trust is our responsibility and we value how unique every individual and school is.
We provide the tools, strategies and knowhow to enable everyone to flourish. Our vision is to give everyone in our Trust, irrespective of background, the learning and experience needed to give them the life chances so that they can realise their ambition.
Realising ambition through...
- Build mutual respect, integrity and moral purpose, school to school partnerships and support
- Secure outward facing partnership, working with parents, staff and the community
- Demonstrating and modelling best practice leadership
- Empowering of Leaders at all levels to develop the necessary leadership knowledge and skills to drive high quality learning
- Access to pedagogy and research to improve teaching and learning through high quality professional development
- Keeping children safe, creating a strong culture and moral purpose
- Setting high aspirations and attitudes to learning for pupils – local, national, and global
- Ensure proactiveness and positive attitudes
- Effective recruitment and retention, attracting only the very best talent
- Build schools to sustain pupil numbers, efficiencies and effectiveness
- Alignment of systems that ensures a consistent approach with expert support from skilled members of staff to reduce workload
- Development of individual career pathways for all staff
- Exposure to high quality practice, improving provision for all staff
- Set high standards and challenge to secure outcomes
- Promote wider experiences, quality CPD and teaching and learning
- Build staff progression and innovation
- Promoting high quality achievement through social mobility, enhancing aspiration and ambition for all
- Setting high aspiration and dedication to excellent teaching, learning and education